Benefits for University staff
Information on various types of benefits, clubs, activities and discounts available to University staff.
Edinburgh and the University
- Relocation Support: Assisting you and your family with settling into life in Edinburgh.
- Family friendly initiatives
In the office
- Get the latest Microsoft Office software: All staff are entitled to install up to 5 copies of Microsoft Office software on personal computers or mobile devices.
- Research Support: Everything you need to know about managing and publishing your research.
- Learning & Development: Training, learning and development opportunities including courses and workshops for University staff.
- Support for international staff: Providing the best support to all our staff, students and their families.
Outside the office
- Staff discounts: A range of organisations offering discounts to University staff.
- First Scottish University Credit Union: Links for full details on how the credit union works, how to join and how to apply for a loan.
- Childcare: All you need to know about the University's Childcare Voucher scheme and the UK government's Tax-Free Childcare.
- Pension Schemes: Details of the University Staff Benefits Scheme and other pension schemes.
- Sports & Exercise: The Centre for Sport and Exercise offers discounted memberships to University staff. Furthermore, there is a gym on the Easter Bush Campus, as well as yoga and pilates classes, and if you fancy a high intensity exercise class, there is a 30 minute metafit class on the campus. For further information you can subscribe to the mailing list by emailing EBCampusWellbeing@ed.ac.uk or visit the Easter Bush wellbeing Facebook page.
- Staff Counselling: A free and confidential counselling service is available to all members of staff.
- University of Edinburgh Women's Club: Promoting friendship & contacts among women associated with the University.
- Universities Retired Staff Association: Membership of URSA and how it works.
- Support for carers: Support for Parents booklet and University of Edinburgh Carers: Support & Advice
- Mental health: staff counselling, Chaplaincy (for all faiths and none), Feeling Good App, Big White Wall, SilverCloud.
- City Car Club: A cost effective, short-term, self service car hire service, without the need to go to a rental location to pick up a car. University staff and students can join City Car Club for business or personal use at a significantly discounted rate.
- Bicycles Plus: By joining Bicycles +, the University's cycle to work scheme, staff can acquire a bike and accessories free of tax and national insurance.
- University vehicles: The University owns its own vehicles that staff can use on University business.
- Tripshare: A private scheme to match individuals with others wanting to travel in the same direction so they can share the journey and the costs.
Easter Bush campus
- Campus facilities to support cycling
- Easter Bush Campus veg garden
- Easter Bush Campus Apiary
- Vet Practices and Hospitals: The Dick Practices and Referral Hospitals offer discounts to employees of the University of Edinburgh.
- Sports & Exercise: There is a gym on the Easter Bush Campus, as well as yoga, pilates and metafit classes, and mindfullness sessions. Further information can be found on the Easter Bush Wellbeing Facebook page.
- Career Development Committee
- Easter Bush Postdoc Committee: The Committee exists to provide any help regarding general matters and opportunities for career development. The committee meets regularly to discuss matters surrounding everyone on campus at this career stage and also to organise social events throughout the year to provide a relaxed atmosphere to interact with colleagues.
- Multi Faith Contemplation Room
- Easter Bush Science Outreach Centre (EBSOC): a purpose-built laboratory for visiting groups with plenty of opportunities for scientists who would like to be involved in public engagement activities.
If you have specific interests in mind which aren't listed in this page, you might find the information you need by browsing the University Staff services A-Z.