How we use your information
Using your information allows us to provide you with a better and more tailored experience when using our website.
We use your information to:
- enable us to supply you with the goods, services and information you have requested
- ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the website
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have indicated otherwise
- maintain a contract we have with you, such as a course application form or any other service you wish to access
- notify you about changes to our service
We will ask you for your consent to use your information. This could be on submitting a form or through our cookie consent banner.
When you leave our website or click on links that lead to external websites, we are unable to control what cookies are set in any way. You will need to set your cookie preferences for those sites as well.
Automated processing and profiling
We do not use profiling or automated decision-making processes.
Storage of your information
Your information is securely transmitted via our website. Once we have received your information, we will also use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep your data depends on the purpose for which the information was supplied. You will be informed of how long the data will be kept during the process of giving your personal details.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password safe and confidential. You must not share a password with anyone.
All payment transactions will be encrypted.
Areas of the website that process online transactions make use of - and transfer data to - third party software and service providers. All third-party software and service providers that we use are compliant with the relevant Payment Card Industry standards.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent, except where disclosure is:
- necessary to enforce our rights, including under our website Terms and Conditions of use
- necessary to enforce our rights under any other Terms and Conditions of use or Terms and Conditions of sale of the University or any of its schools, colleges or departments
- required or permitted by law