How we use your information
How we use your information, how it is stored and the circumstances under which we disclose data.
We use your information to:
- enable us to supply you with the goods, services and information which you have requested
- ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the website
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have indicated otherwise
- notify you about changes to our service
We may contact you by post, telephone or fax as well as by email and text message. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know by getting in touch with the Records Management Section.
Storage of your information
Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the website.
Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password safe and confidential. You must not share a password with anyone.
All payment transactions will be encrypted. Areas of the website that process online transactions make use of - and transfer data to - third party software and service providers.
All third-party software and service providers that we use are compliant with the relevant Payment Card Industry standards.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent, except where disclosure is:
- necessary to enforce our rights, including under our website Terms and Conditions of use
- necessary to enforce our rights under any other Terms and Conditions of use or Terms and Conditions of sale of the University or any of its schools, colleges or departments
- required or permitted by law
Please see the details of our website Terms and Conditions of use.
Authorised personnel within the University will be able to access the information you provide to us. We may also disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the policy.
Outside the European Economic Area
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff or by other third parties operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, agents, or partners. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.