The School celebrates its bicentenary in 2023, marking 200 years of veterinary teaching. We are holding a number of special events this year, which you can learn more about here.
Professor Lisa Boden, a leading specialist in veterinary public health and population medicine, has been appointed the new Head of the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies.
Professor Boden, who holds a Personal Chair of Population Medicine and Veterinary Public Health Policy and is Co-Director of EPIC (the Scottish Government’s Centre for Expertise in Animal Disease Outbreaks), will take up the role in September 2023.
- Vet School performs strongly in independent student survey
- Professor Lisa Boden appointed new Head of the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
- Method offers boost to safety profile of live vaccines
- Project aims to curb losses from major cattle pest
- Expert joins UK Government animal welfare committee
- £35.5m investment supports next phase of Roslin research
World leading research within the School is led by the Roslin Institute.
Veterinary and diagnostic services for the public, farmers and veterinary profession.
The Conservation Science group is an inter-disciplinary collaboration between wildlife veterinarians and geneticists.
Help us make a difference by supporting our priority areas.