Coronavirus (Covid-19) updates
For the latest information and advice see: Coronavirus updates
One of the world’s top research-intensive universities
The University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s top research-intensive universities, ranked 4th in the UK for research power (Times Higher Education, Overall Ranking of Institutions), with 83% of our research activity classified as world leading or internationally excellent in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
- Ankle and foot evolution gave mammals a leg up
- Early warning system to avert Covid-19 lockdowns
- Reusable facemasks made using smartphones and 3D printers
- ‘Think like Da Vinci’ to take on climate change
- Leading scientists awarded €5M of EU funding
- Bigger brains helped squirrels move up in the world
- New centre joins European supercomputing network
How the University community is making its mark upon the world through its research, innovation, ideas and actions.