One of the world’s top research-intensive universities
The University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s top research-intensive universities, ranked 4th in the UK for research power (Times Higher Education, Overall Ranking of Institutions), with 83% of our research activity classified as world leading or internationally excellent in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
Collaborate with us
Edinburgh Innovations provides research and commercialisation expertise to industry, funders, licensees and investors. Our consultancy services make it easy to access the University's academic expertise and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Action could halt breast cancer rise in Africa
- Baby talk words build language skills
- Like it or not, holiday snaps make us blue
- Superbug study spots link between people and animals
- Curbs on legal highs cut need for hospital care
- HIV doubles heart disease risk, global study finds
- Life on Earth in the dark for much of history