One of the world’s top research-intensive universities
The University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s top research-intensive universities, ranked 4th in the UK for research power (Times Higher Education, Overall Ranking of Institutions), with 83% of our research activity classified as world leading or internationally excellent in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
Collaborate with us
Edinburgh Innovations provides research and commercialisation expertise to industry, funders, licensees and investors. Our consultancy services make it easy to access the University's academic expertise and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Archive lifts lid on Victorian ragged schools
- Strength-based exercises could help child obesity fight
- Findings could help manage lupus in Africans
- Blood test could aid cattle health and productivity
- MND affects thinking in up to 80 per cent of patients, study finds
- Fossil teeth show how reptiles adapted to change
- Power of vibrations could inspire novel devices