Bank transfer and online payments platform
You can use the GlobalPay for Students platform to pay student fees by bank transfer or by ePayment in a currency of your choice including GBP from UK bank accounts or where your local currency is not available.
The GlobalPay for Students platform allows students, their families or their sponsors to pay student fees in the currency of choice and provides a simple and secure way to initiate the payment.
Quick guide to using the platform
When using the platform you will need to follow these instructions
- Enter/select the country you are paying from
- Enter the amount to pay in GBP
- Select ‘Get a quote’
- Select 'Show more options' at the bottom of the screen to view all options, including GBP if your local currency is not available
- Select one of the options and enter the student/payer details
If you choose to pay by bank transfer, use the payment instructions provided to make your payment through your bank (at branch, online or phone banking). If you select an online payment option, you will be redirected to complete your payment.
You must include the student's UUN because this is linked to the payment reference which is used to uniquely identify payments. The form of UUN for students is a lower case letter "s" followed by their matriculation number, for example - s0212345.
Benefits of using the platform
Using the GlobalPay for Students platform has many benefits for you, including:
- peace of mind that the University of Edinburgh will receive the full amount you pay with no deductions
- being able to pay fees by bank transfer or an online payment option specific to your country
- being able to track your payment every step of the way through payment tracking
- transparent rates, guaranteed for 72 hours, with no additional fees
- favourable exchange rates compared to most banks
- intuitive, mobile friendly interface for a seamless payment experience
- multiple languages: French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Indonesian, English, Spanish, Hindi, Japanese and Arabic
- customer support service team dedicated to students