The University is at the forefront of research internationally on climate change and the technologies and policies to mitigate the effects of climate change.
Against this background, the University has announced that it will complete its transition out of fossil fuel investments within three years.
'Since launching the Climate Strategy, the University has stepped up its efforts on climate change by creating the Sustainable Campus Fund, developing a high level implementation plan, continuing to deliver programmes which support positive behaviours and reuse. The University has moved £60 million of its endowment funds to support the transition to a low carbon economy.'
- 26 Feb - 11 March: Fairtrade Fortnight
- 27 Feb: Tackling modern slavery through transparency
- 28 Feb: Potterrow Market
- 14 March: SRS Academic Network 'speed networking'
- 14 March: Potterrow Market
- 26 March: Rethinking the future of plastics
- 29 March: Sustainability Awards Ceremony 2018
Sign up for our newsletter
Learn more about social responsibility and sustainability at the University of Edinburgh.