Find out more about our department, our staff and our work.
The Department for Social Responsibility and Sustainability enables the University to understand, explain and deliver on its vision to make the world a better place by offering the most successful social responsibility and sustainability service in higher education. We do this by:
- understanding and explaining risks and opportunities;
- developing the University's response to these;
- and delivering collaborative and impactful projects and programmes to inspire the University community to get involved.
1. Transitioning to a zero-carbon and circular economy university
2. Empowering sustainability leadership and collaboration
3. Contributing to a sustainable, thriving and inclusive Edinburgh City Region
4. Contributing to socially responsible and sustainable supply chains and investments
5. Supporting world-class research, teaching, learning and enterprise
6. Developing our own people and ensuring best practice systems and policies