Effective Digital Content (Writing for the Web)
This session is mandatory if you need access to EdWeb. It is open to all staff and students and available online.
This editorial training course covers good practice in writing and structuring information for the web. It also includes guidance on data protection, freedom of information issues and improving performance in search engine results.
What you’ll learn
- How to get your critical information noticed
- How to make your content more accessible
- How to improve your search engine rankings
- How not to fall foul of data protection law
Who should attend?
The session is for anyone who creates content for a University website - whether they publish it directly or pass to colleagues to put online.
It's deliberately non-technical, and it doesn’t matter how you put your material online.
To register on the course, click the self-enrol link below, then:
- Log in (top right corner), then login with EASE
- Click "self-enrol"
- "Browse Course Catalogue"
- Search for "Effective Digital Content"
- Use the drop-down arrow, select "Enrol"
- A confirmation will appear -"click 'Submit"
How and why we developed the online version
On our team blog, you can read more about the development of this course in Learn.