Details of the EdWeb training we provide, what it covers and how to book a place.
EdWeb training is mandatory for all users who will be managing or editing a University of Edinburgh website within EdWeb.
From May 2021, this course is available as a self-enrol course via Learn. We shall also continue to run Live remote training events via Microsoft Teams periodically throughout the year.
On average this training course takes around 2-3 hours to complete.
To access the self-enrol course -
- Visit www.learn.ed.ac.uk
- Click on the Login with EASE button and enter your EASE credentials.
- Click on Self-Enrol at the top right-hand side.
- Click on the Browse Course Catalogue button within the Course Catalogue section.
- In the Search Catalogue search box, type “EdWeb: Introduction” and click Go.
- The course ID is ‘zu_intro_to_edweb_se’ and course name is ‘EdWeb: Introduction to the University’s web content management tool’.
- To enrol, click on the down-pointing arrow next to the course ID and choose Enrol.
- Click Submit, followed by OK. You should now be able to view the course.
If you would like to book a place on a live training session via Microsoft Teams, please visit the Live training event page (requires EASE login)
What you will learn
Our EdWeb training course covers all the basic tasks you will need to perform in order to publish and maintain your EdWeb website, including:
- an introduction to EdWeb
- step-by-step guides on how to edit existing webpages and create new content
- advice on using features in EdWeb such as reuseable content and image placement
- access to our training environment with a worksheet of common tasks to help build your confidence.
EdWeb training resources
In addition to the training course, the EdWeb support wiki and demonstration site provide useful information and guidance to support the management of your EdWeb website.
EdWeb support wiki (requires EASE login)
Effective Digital Content
In addition to EdWeb training, all website editors are required to complete the Effective Digital Content course. If you have already completed this course but are new to EdWeb, you don't need to repeat it.
Gaining editing access
Once you have completed both EdWeb and Effective Digital Content training, you should request your user permissions are updated to EdWeb Editor via the Request EdWeb Access form. Requests are submitted via UniDesk and can take up to 5 working days to process. You will receive an email confirmation when your permissions have been updated.
Once your permissions have been updated please contact your site's lead publisher to gain editing and/or publishing rights to the specific EdWeb sites you require access to.
Request EdWeb Access (requires EASE login)
Lead publishers of University sites (requires EASE login)
Read our latest blog posts on EdWeb.