Effective Digital Content: Engaging your online audiences
This session is mandatory if you need access to EdWeb. It is open to all staff and students and available online or in person.
This editorial training course covers good practice in writing and structuring information for the web. It also includes guidance on GDPR and improving performance in search engine results.
What you’ll learn
Find out how to:
- get your critical information noticed
- make your content more accessible
- improve your search engine rankings
- meet data protection legislation
Who should attend?
The session is for anyone who creates digital content for the University - whether it is for a University website or internal site (for example Confluence or SharePoint), and whether you publish it directly or pass to colleagues to put online.
It's deliberately non-technical, and it doesn’t matter how you put your material online.
You can complete the course using Learn at any time, at your own pace. It should take around two hours altogether.
Otherwise, you can book onto one of our live training sessions on Collaborate, which gives you the chance to ask questions and discuss things in a group. The materials are the same.
To register on the course, click the self-enrol link below, then:
- Log in (top right corner), then Login to Learn
- Click "self-enrol"
- "Browse Course Catalogue"
- Search for "Effective Digital Content"
- Use the drop-down arrow, select "Enrol"
- A confirmation will appear -"click 'Submit"
You can book a place on the live training through the Events booking system.
How and why we developed the online version
On our team blog, you can read more about the development of this course in Learn.