Dean's Excellence Scholarship Programme
The University of Edinburgh Business School is offering scholarships covering part of the fees for Masters students commencing study in September 2023. The Dean's Excellence Scholarship Programme is based on merit and available to all applicants of Business School taught Masters.
The Business School are offering up to 20 scholarships between £5,000 and £10,000 covering part of the tuition fees for Masters students. These awards will be tenable for one academic year and will be automatically deducted from your tuition fee.
You can only apply for the scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. The scholarship selection panel can only consider your application if you hold an active offer throughout your scholarship application process (meaning if your offer is declined at any point up until the scholarship decision deadline you will no longer be eligible). You can apply to the scholarship only once per admissions cycle.
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
- You are fully sponsored by your employer
- You are in receipt of a full scholarship
- You have already accepted another scholarship from the University of Edinburgh Business School
- You submit a scholarship application prior to having secured an offer for the programme you are applying to.
The scholarships are available to all offer holders for the following UEBS Masters programmes:
Dean's Excellence Scholarships will be awarded to candidates who:
- Can demonstrate strong academic performance – on track to obtain or have graduated with a minimum of a high 2.1 or 1st class UK undergraduate degree or overseas equivalent from a university with a strong academic reputation and ranking
- Have the potential to contribute and enrich all aspects of the Masters programme and the diverse academic and cultural profile of the Masters class
- Show excellent professional and personal skills evidenced through work experience and/or extracurricular activities
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic session are no longer being accepted for this scholarship as both the 24th April and the 5th June 2023 deadline has now passed.
|Round||Open Date||Deadline||Decision By|
|A||10 February 2023||24 April 2023||31 May 2023|
|B||25 April 2023||05 June 2023||07 July 2023|
- The scholarship will be paid directly towards your tuition fees
- Scholarships have to be accepted by the deadline defined in the scholarship award letter.
- If you do not accept and pay the required Masters programme deposit within the given time frame then you will forfeit your scholarship offer as well as your programme offer. The Business School will then re-allocate this scholarship
- Any scholarship is automatically withdrawn if you decline your programme offer or fail to meet the conditions set out in your programme offer letter.
- Only one University of Edinburgh Business School scholarship can be accepted.
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be expected to participate occasionally as an ambassador for the Business School during and after your programme
The Business School Admissions Team will notify successful candidates by the decision deadline dates above.