The Business School Access Scholarship
Available for students who are UK nationals and domiciled in the UK, the Business School will offer one scholarship to cover full tuition fees for one of their Masters programmes for entry 2023-24. This scholarship will support those who may face barriers in accessing postgraduate study. The scholarship is for students who meet at least one of our widening participation criteria.
One full scholarship is available and will cover the full UK tuition fee rate.
You can only apply for the scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. The scholarship selection panel can only consider your application if you hold an active offer throughout your scholarship application process (meaning if your offer is declined at any point up until the scholarship decision deadline you will no longer be eligible).
You can request an extension to your deposit payment deadline on the basis of awaiting the outcome of this Business School Access Scholarship application.
You must be a UK national, domiciled in the UK.
In addition you must meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You are care-experienced. We define care experience as any time spent in care at any stage of your life. Care may have been provided in one of many different settings, such as if you were:
- in residential care
- in foster care
- in kinship care
- looked after at home with a supervision requirement
This includes adopted children who were previously looked after. There is no age restriction on our definition of care experienced.
Support for Students with Care Experience
- You were/are in receipt of a Maintenance Grant as an undergraduate (if you started your undergraduate course after August 2016 you will need to provide evidence from the Student Loans Company to confirm your household income was assessed as £40,000 or less)
- You were/are in receipt of a Young Students' Bursary, an Independent Students' Bursary, or a Care Experienced Students' Bursary as an undergraduate—as assessed by Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS)
- You live in an area within the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20)
- You live in an area with an Acorn classification of 5
To check your eligibility for the two postcode criteria above, use the postcode lookup tool. We will use the home address where you lived during your last year of school or college.
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
- You are fully sponsored by your employer.
- You are already in receipt of a full scholarship.
- You already hold a Master's degree or PhD qualification.
MSc Banking Innovation & Risk Analytics
MSc Climate Change Finance & Investment
MSc Entrepreneurship & Innovation
MSc Finance, Technology and Policy
MSc Global Strategy & Sustainability
MSc International Human Resource Management
When reviewing your application we will look at personal circumstances, widening participation criteria, and take into account academic achievements. The panel will prioritise applicants that meet one or more of the listed widening participation criteria. Further prioritisation will take place based on academic achievement.
When assessing your application, we will give regard to:
The evidence provided in relation to meeting the widening participation criteria — it is your responsibility to submit appropriate documentation allowing us to consider this aspect.
Your rationale for applying for a postgraduate course at the University of Edinburgh Business School.
Whether you have clearly articulated future ambitions and goals relating to the postgraduate degree you have applied for.
Please note: The Business School Access Scholarship application is a separate process to applying for a programme.
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic session are no longer being accepted for this scholarship as the 15th May 2023 deadline has now passed.
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you should submit an application through the University Scholarship Application system following the receipt of an offer of a place on a Masters programme, and by the deadline.
Following your scholarship application submission in the system, please email all supporting documents to email@example.com using The Business School Access Scholarship supporting documentation as the subject. It is your responsibility to submit all appropriate documentation allowing us to consider your application based on the outlined criteria.
You will be notified of the result of your scholarship application within a month of the deadline.