Replacement University of Edinburgh Degree Certificates
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we are currently working remotely and are not able to issue replacement degree certificates until further notice.
We recommend wherever possible that you forward, download or print an Academic Statement using the electronic documents service at MyEd --> Accounts --> My Student Record --> Documents.
If you are not able to access your Academic Statement electronically, we can email an electronic copy to your recipient. Place an order for an electronic Academic Statement.
If you need to verify your degree attainment for a third party, we are able to verify degrees via Prospects HEDD, the UK's official degree certification hub.
University of Edinburgh graduates can order replacement degree certificates for those stolen, damaged or lost. We generally send replacement degrees within 15 days of receiving payment and your proof of identity.
Replacement degrees cost £30.00 (including VAT, postage and packaging).
You must submit proof of identity to support your application for a replacement degree certificate. We will contact you with an email address to send this to.
- If your name is the same as when you graduated, you may submit copies of the following: passport (personal details page), driver's licence or birth certificate.
- If your name has changed since you graduated your application must be accompanied by either a copy of a marriage certificate or a Deed Poll certificate.
- Replacements will bear the name of the graduate as they were known at the time of graduation. Names cannot be changed retrospectively (unless the name change is related to a gender reassignment).
The fees associated with the order are non-refundable. We generally post the documents within 15 days of a complete order, including photo ID.
We ask you to note that:
This service is only for graduates of the University of Edinburgh.
- We cannot issue replacement degrees for any other university.
- We cannot issue replacement degrees for graduates prior to 1989.
- If you graduated from Edinburgh College of Art prior to August 2011, do not use this order form and contact Edinburgh College of Art directly http://www.eca.ed.ac.uk/
- If you graduated from the Moray House School of Education prior to Summer 1999, do not use this order form and contact Moray House directly email@example.com
Replacements will only be issued where the original document is permanently lost, damaged or stolen - and not where it is temporarily mislaid or inaccessible.
Replacements will carry the following statement “This is a certified duplicate degree certificate, re-issued on 00/00/0000”. The above signatories may replace those recorded on the original certificate."
You may only ever receive one replacement degree, and certificates will only be sent directly to the graduate and not to a third party.
If you have previously ordered a replacement degree, you must order an Academic Statement.
We cannot issue a refund if you have placed an order that is not in line with the above instructions.
If you have any further questions we encourage you to contact the Student Information Point before placing your order, via email or telephone (0131) 650 2845, option 6.