Main Library lockers
There are lockers in the Main Library available for either 'daytime' use or to rent for the academic year.
Rental lockers 2017/18
Lockers will be available to rent for the academic year from Monday 2nd October 2017 at 9am. There is a £40 charge which consists of £20 for rent and a returnable deposit of £20. Keys must be returned by 30th June 2018.
There are lockers on the Ground Floor, Floor 1 and Floor 5 in the Main Library which can be rented by University of Edinburgh students.
To rent a locker please apply in person at the IS Helpdesk in the Main Library. Lockers are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
The periods of rental will be split into:
- The academic year
- The summer vacation.
A rental charge of £20 will be applicable for period 1 and £10 for period 2, plus a returnable deposit of £20. This deposit will only be reimbursed on return of the key at the end of the session. Users who have lost a key will lose their deposit as will users who return their key late.
'Daytime' use lockers
A small number of lockers on the Ground Floor are available for 'daytime' use for all library users. Please ask at Helpdesk for details.
Lockers for disabled students
There are a limited number of lockers on the Ground Floor, at low-level, which have been set aside for disabled students. These lockers are allocated by arrangement with the Student Disability Service.
If using the lockers in the Main Library please abide by the following regulations:
- No food may be stored in the lockers.
- Any books inside must be charged to the individual using the locker (i.e. no uncharged Library books may be stored in them as this effectively renders them lost to other Library users).
- The Library/University will not accept any liability for lost or stolen items.
- Library staff may carry out spot-checks for unacceptable content at any time.
- Any uncharged Library material found to be stored in a locker will be returned directly to the shelves.
- Lockers may be withdrawn, with loss of deposit, if used incorrectly.
- Lockers are for the sole use of the person renting the locker. Keys must not be shared.