The Library holds the bulk of the University's law collections, specialising in Scots, UK, international and Commonwealth law.
It is also a designated European Documentation Centre.
The Law Library is returning to Old College
- Monday 30 July – Law Library move commences. The library in David Hume Tower (DHT) remains open, but parts of the collection will be temporarily unavailable from this date.
- Friday 17 August – Law Library in DHT closes completely at 4pm
- Monday 20 August – Law Library opens in Old College at 9am
- During the move parts of the collection will be temporarily unavailable. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause and would ask that (if at all possible) users identify and borrow items they may require in advance of the move (30 July).
- There will be plenty of alternative study space and PC availability in the Main Library (which will be open 24/7).
- The Reserve Collection will continue to be available as normal throughout the move.
- Loan periods for General and Short Loan material can be extended by asking staff during July and August, so that anything borrowed during this period will not have to be returned before 1 September.
- The Interlibrary loans service is another means of obtaining material you may require.
If you have any queries regarding the refurbishment or its impact please:
Law Library, David Hume Tower, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JX
Access and opening hours
Staff and students of the University of Edinburgh have full access and borrowing rights.