Mapping a network share in Windows
How to connect to a Windows network share.
If you do not know the path of the network drive you need to map, please contact your local admin team or the IS Helpline. For the path to your personal homespace, please visit:
On the University's supported Windows desktop
Your main network shares should automatically be connected and visible under Start > Computer, and your personal homespace is mapped to the M:\ drive in that location. To add extra shares not already mapped, please start from step 2 below.
On non-supported Windows machines
- Register for, set up and connect to the University Virtual Private Network (VPN) service to authenticate your computer:
- Click Start > This PC, click Computer, select Map network drive and choose any available letter.
- In the Folder box, type the share's path, e.g.
- Select Reconnect at logon and Connect using different credentials and click Finish.
- Enter your username in the format ED\jbloggs and put in your University password.
- Select Remember my credentials and press OK.