How to Access SharePoint Online
Accessing SharePoint through Office 365 at the University
Logging in to SharePoint Online
- Login to https://www.office365.ed.ac.uk/ using your University Login
- Navigate to the App Launcher in the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Select the SharePoint icon
Navigating the SharePoint Home Screen
- To access other SharePoint sites, you need to be given access by the site owner. (When you are granted access, you will receive an email alert containing a link to the site.)
- Alternatively, you can search for a site from the SharePoint start page in Office 365
- To add a SharePoint site to your Favourites, click on the star beside Follow in the top right-hand corner of the screen
Supported Web Browsers and Operating Systems
- Please ensure your web browser is updated to the latest version.
- More information on Operating Systems supported by the University can be found here.
Accessing SharePoint via the Mobile App
- Download SharePoint onto your phone directly from your App Store or by following this link
- When prompted, sign into the app using your University Login
- Once logged into the app, you can navigate through your SharePoint Sites as in a web browser
Still not found what you're looking for?
Please contact IS Helpline, ensuring 'SharePoint' is included in the subject line.