Take the student quizzes
This quiz let's us see how you are getting on with Supercytes
When should you take the Supercytes quiz below?
- BEFORE using Supercytes, to see how much you already know.
- AFTER using Supercytes, to see what you have learned.
If your class doesn’t have the Supercytes resource, please apply and wait until you have the resource pack before completing the quiz.
Why should you take the Supercytes Quizzes?
- Taking both quizzes will upgrade your school to Supercytes 'stars' status on our map!
- The quizzes help to show how much you've learned about inflammation and immunology.
- The questions help us to see if Supercytes is reaching minority groups and students that don’t traditionally follow science careers.
- Completing the quizzes and feedback will help us improve Supercytes.
Please first review the “Getting Started” document in your Supercytes resource pack / download, before your class take the quiz below.
What if my class can't all go online to complete the quizzes?
Instead of every every student filling in the quizzes online, please use the PowerPoint presentations and printable quiz forms on your resource pack USB stick (or in the digital download) to run the quizzes, then input the collated class data using the quiz submission form:
What do you need before you start the quizzes?
- You will need the “Unique Pack Code” :
- This code is specific to your Supercytes resource pack, but should be used by any classes using the same pack.
- Your teacher got this code on registration.
- This code is on the Supercytes storage box label (if you received a resource pack by post).
- If the code is lost, ask your teacher to contact us:
- Your teacher will need to choose a “Class Name” for you to use :
- Everyone in your class needs to use the same "Class name" every time they take a Supercytes quiz.
- Examples would be: "1C1” or “Year 7 2016"
- Once you are ready, please complete the quiz below.
Internet Explorer users
If you are using Internet Explorer (IE) versions 9, 10 or 11 – please use an alternative browser, or the following link to complete the quiz form:
N.B. There are no known issues with Chrome, Firefox, IE (versions 14 or 15) or Safari.
If we use your material we will publish your school name, description and teacher/leader name as you provide it (unless you ask us not to) but we will never publish your email address or pack ID. You own the copyright if whatever you post or upload is completely new and original. That usually means it doesn’t contain anyone else’s content, like videos and music. For anything that contains content made by someone else, the copyright may belong to them. So you’ll usually need to get their permission before posting or uploading it.
Information about you - how we use it:
The information you provide in connection with receiving, being trained in and/or using the Supercytes resources, will be used by the University of Edinburgh to enable us to send you the Supercytes resources you have requested (also ensuring the limits on the number of resource packs per school are adhered to); to liaise with you with regard to any resultant pupil quiz entries (including providing you with private personalised feedback on their anonymous quiz scores), competition entries and feedback received in connection with Supercytes; to offer you Supercytes training, corrections and additions to the resource pack; to allow us to collect basic metrics on how and where the Supercytes resource is being used (as an essential feedback to enable funding of educational resources of this nature); to indicate the participation of your school/group on our online Supercytes map; and to enable the award of prizes and certificates where applicable.
We are using information about you on the basis that it is a legitimate interest, to enable us to provide you with the Supercytes resources and/or training that you have requested. This data processing enables you to receive the Supercytes educational resources and participate in this University run educational opportunity.
Unless you ask us to remove your data, we will hold the personal data you provided us for a maximum of ten years after your last active participation in the project, after which only the details of the participating school will be retained for project reporting purposes.
We do not use profiling or automated decision-making processes.
If you wish to change your details, have your data removed, or request a copy of the information we hold about you, please email MeetCIR@ed.ac.uk or write to us at Donald Davidson, University of Edinburgh Centre for Inflammation Research, Queen's Medical Research Institute, W2.05, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ.
This privacy statement is continued at:
Continued privacy statement