Information for the public
Events, information, news and resources for the public
Science not communicated is science incomplete
At the Centre for Inflammation Research, we believe that everyone benefits when science is shared well.
- Pupils and teachers gain access to quality resources about possible careers and the fundamentals of research
- Policy-makers, charities and lobby groups make better decisions about new medical policies and treatments
- Patients can take part in clinical trials that are clearly explained and designed with them in mind
- Scientists learn to ask applied research questions which have the most relevance and benefit to the people it could affect
We hope that this web page will help to start those shared conversations, whether you are looking for clear summaries of current research, information about events we are running, or access to the best medical and biological learning resources.
If there is something you would like to see featured on this site, or if you have other comments, please get in touch.
Public Engagement News & Events
Videos & Resources
Feel free to get in touch if you would like to find out more about our research, upcoming activities or the Centre in general.
Contact the Centre for Inflammation Research
Follow us on Twitter to see regular updates about the Centre, its research and our public engagement activities.
Donate or fundraise for us
The University of Edinburgh has a proud tradition of philanthropic support and community fundraising, now managed through the Fundraise Your Way scheme.
Private donations have a profound impact on scientific research. They can fund a new piece of equipment, a studentship, a collaborative visit to another lab, or a pilot study. To learn more about fundraising, contact Kerry Mackay or visit the Fundraise Your Way website.
Visit the Fundraise Your Way website
Senior Community Fundraising Officer
- Development & Alumni
- Work: +44 (0) 131 650 9221
- Email: email@example.com