People and Money
Our HR and Payroll Services are accessed through People and Money.
You can log into People and Money to:
- View and directly amend your personal details, like your address, emergency contact details and personal phone number. It is important to make sure that your personal details are up to date.
- Find your payslips from April 2022 onwards.
- See and request annual leave – and if you’re a line manager, approve or decline requests from email.
- If you’re a line manager or administrator, record other types of leave on behalf of your staff and update contracts.
- Process guaranteed hours, additional hours and overtime payments
- Apply for and recruit to roles through the system, with checklists and automatic prompts.
- Use our new staff learning apps to sign up for training and record skills and qualifications.
- Access a new searchable, up-to-date staff directory.
A library of user guides is available to support staff using the People and Money system and the HR processes it supports. These guides can be found on the People and Money user guides webpage
How do I access the People and Money system?
You can access People and Money on your computer, tablet or smartphone. To log in, click the button below and choose the 'Company single sign-on' button. There is no need to enter your user ID or password in the fields below this button.
This will take you to the University's login page where you can sign in with your EASE credentials to access the People and Money homepage.
You can also access People and Money by logging in to MyEd and navigating to 'My Information' or 'Staff Resources'.
- Students employed as staff members at the University should use their staff MyEd login details to access People and Money.
- If you do not have access to your staff MyEd account, please contact IS.Helpline@ed.ac.uk.
HR and Payroll queries
If you have any questions to do with our HR or payroll processes or the People and Money system, please follow three simple steps:
- Search People and Money’s in-system guidance - My Knowledge. Log in to People and Money, choose ‘Help Desk' and then ‘My Knowledge’. Choosing the correct category for your enquiry helps us channel it to the right people faster. This will give you information tailored to your specific query and role, including system user guides and demo videos.
- If you’re still unclear after searching My Knowledge, speak to your line manager or your school/dept. administrator.
- If you can’t solve the problem together, please contact the HR Helpline by logging in to People and Money and choosing ‘Help Desk’ then ‘Service Request’ to submit your query.
- Alternatively, you can raise a Service Request by emailing HRHelpline@ed.ac.uk