The Edinburgh Centre for Global History exists to facilitate cooperation between global historians of different regions and different periods across the University of Edinburgh, and to provide a supportive environment in which postgraduate and staff research can flourish.
Our members are researchers drawn from across the University of Edinburgh who have interests in the history of global connections and the movements of people, objects, images and ideas, and historians of individual regions interested in working collaboratively to identify comparisons and connections, from antiquity to the contemporary world.
Our main research themes include:
- global histories of material culture
- global histories of ideas
- histories of migration, slavery, and diaspora
- Scottish and Scottish diaspora history in global perspective
- the history of consumption
- the development of new critical tools for the study of global history.
Any other research topics of a global nature are also welcome.