The Edinburgh Centre for Global History is built around a governance structure that encourages collaboration.
- Dr Stephen McDowall (Director, 2019-20);
- Professor Emma Hunter (Founding Co-Director, 2018-19);
- Professor Nuala Zahedieh (Founding Co-Director, 2018-19).
The Centre is organised around three research hubs, each of which is led by a hub convenor:
- Migration, Slavery & Diaspora Studies (Professor Diana Paton)
- Global Histories of Ideas (Professor Emma Hunter and Dr Stephan Malinowski)
- Material Culture, Production & Consumption (Dr Meha Priyadarshini)
The Steering Committee consists of:
- Deputy Director;
- Hub convenors;
- Postgraduate student representative (Alison Clark);
- Early career representative (Dr Ismay Milford);
- Dr Nicola Perugini and Dr Iona Macintyre
An open AGM and planning meeting is held annually to discuss our direction and plans for the following year. Hubs are reviewed every three years.