The Edinburgh Centre for Global History is built around a governance structure that encourages collaboration.
- Professor Diana Paton (Director 2020-22)
- Dr Stephen McDowall (Director, 2019-20);
- Professor Emma Hunter (Founding Co-Director, 2018-19);
- Professor Nuala Zahedieh (Founding Co-Director, 2018-19).
The Centre is organised around three research hubs, each of which is led by a hub convenor:
- Migration, Slavery & Diaspora Studies (Professor Diana Paton)
- Global Histories of Ideas (Professor Emma Hunter)
- Material Culture, Production & Consumption (Dr Meha Priyadarshini)
The Steering Committee consists of:
- Deputy Director;
- Hub convenors;
- Postgraduate student representative (Alison Clark);
- Early career representative (Dr Ismay Milford);
Representatives from other Schools within CAHSS:
An open AGM and planning meeting is held annually to discuss our direction and plans for the following year. Hubs are reviewed every three years.