The Centre is led by a Director and Deputy Director, roles which are held for one year.
- In 2019-20, the Director is Dr Stephen McDowall and the Deputy Director is Professor Diana Paton.
- In 2018-19 the co-Directors were Professor Nuala Zahedieh and Dr Emma Hunter and the Deputy Director was Dr Stephen McDowall
The Centre is organised in three hubs, each of which is led by a hub convenor:
- Migration, slavery and diaspora studies (Professor Nuala Zahedieh)
- Global histories of ideas (Professor Emma Hunter and Dr Stephan Malinowski)
- Material culture, production and consumption (Dr Meha Priyadarshini)
There is a Steering Committee which consists of:
- Director; Deputy Director
- Hub convenors
- Postgraduate student representative (Arran Claringbold)
- Early career representative (Ismay Milford)
- Representative from another School within CAHSS (Dr Alex Bremner)
An open AGM and planning meeting is held annually in May to plan events for the following year. Hubs are reviewed every 3 years and either renewed or replaced.