- Outdoor study lends insight into flower timing
- Lupus discovery could help manage disease in African patients
- Sharing parenting leads to healthier young, beetle study finds
- Sir Adrian Peter Bird and Professor William Hill honoured by the Royal Society
- Inbred animals face greater threat from changes to environment
Building on the outstanding successes of our previous tenure-track Chancellor’s Fellowship programmes and our world class research performance, the College of Science & Engineering is investing in a further cohort of 10 next generation research innovation leaders of the highest quality.
The 2014 UK research excellence assessment placed us 3rd in the UK for our research quality, and we are ranked in the world top 25.
Our 130 active research groups and world-leading analytical facilities can support your R&D aims.
Explore our research and teaching expertise, and find key contacts.
Information for undergraduate and taught postgraduate students
Interested in becoming a Biological Sciences student?
Stay in contact with the School and keep up to date with our latest developments.
Our strategic project ‘Building a New Biology’ is an ambitious plan to grow our research and teaching capacity, quality and outputs to support intellectual discovery and generate health, social and economic benefits.
There are lots of ways in which we engage with communities locally and nationally to discuss our science.