For the latest University of Edinburgh information and advice see: Coronavirus updates
For additional local advice see the School's wiki page: School of Biological Sciences COVID-19 advice
- Global health research needs gravity shift to deliver impact
- Karen Halliday and Steven Spoel become Fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Scottish communities to use Minecraft to learn about disease spread
- School Supplier Exhibition & Facility Fair 2023
- School welcomes researchers from Engage Nepal with Science
The School of Biological Sciences is ranked fifth in the UK, and top ranked in Scotland, for the quality and breadth of its research, known as research power, by Times Higher Education.
The 2021 Research Excellence Framework placed us 5th in the UK for our research quality, and we are ranked in the world top 25.
Information for our current undergraduate and taught postgraduate students, including new students.
Fostering an inclusive culture where individual strengths and differences are valued and celebrated.
Our 130 active research groups and world-leading analytical facilities can support your R&D aims.
Find out more about what it is like to study here.
There are lots of ways in which we engage with communities locally and nationally to discuss our science.
Explore our research and teaching expertise, and find key contacts.
Stay in contact with the School and keep up to date with our latest developments.