For the latest University of Edinburgh information and advice see: Coronavirus updates
For additional local advice for School staff and students (including building access and staying safe) see: School of Biological Sciences COVID-19 advice (secured)
- Mistletoe under spotlight of major DNA study
- ERC Grant Success: School scientists awarded €4M in European funding
- Algae superpowers could provide major boost to food security
- Start up boosted by funding to build low cost bioreactors
- Scientists discover safeguard that protects blood’s ‘Fountain of Youth’
News about research and activities School staff and students are undertaking to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2014 UK research excellence assessment placed us 3rd in the UK for our research quality, and we are ranked in the world top 25.
Information for our current undergraduate and taught postgraduate students.
Fostering an inclusive culture where individual strengths and differences are valued and celebrated.
Our 130 active research groups and world-leading analytical facilities can support your R&D aims.
Find out more about what it is like to study here.
There are lots of ways in which we engage with communities locally and nationally to discuss our science.
Explore our research and teaching expertise, and find key contacts.
Stay in contact with the School and keep up to date with our latest developments.