- 2019 Ker Memorial Prize awarded for work on the immune system in Drosophila
- Global Alliance of Biofoundries launched to boost synthetic biology
- Immune system discovery could aid quest for stem cell therapies
- Blood cancer’s Achilles’ heel opens door for new treatments
- World Malaria Day 2019: A New Guide to Malaria Pharmacology
The School of Biological Sciences runs a successful career coaching programme and have produced a short video to showcase the effectiveness of career coaching.
The 2014 UK research excellence assessment placed us 3rd in the UK for our research quality, and we are ranked in the world top 25.
Our 130 active research groups and world-leading analytical facilities can support your R&D aims.
Explore our research and teaching expertise, and find key contacts.
Information for undergraduate and taught postgraduate students
Interested in becoming a Biological Sciences student?
Stay in contact with the School and keep up to date with our latest developments.
Our strategic project ‘Building a New Biology’ is an ambitious plan to grow our research and teaching capacity, quality and outputs to support intellectual discovery and generate health, social and economic benefits.
There are lots of ways in which we engage with communities locally and nationally to discuss our science.