- FEBS Letters rewards team for outstanding paper of 2021
- How biodiverse is your park? Citizen scientists to find the answer
- Film launched on bilharzia, WASH and the impact on women and children
- How the Dandelion decides when to fly
- “Fuel of evolution” more abundant than previously thought in wild animals
The School of Biological Sciences is ranked fifth in the UK, and top ranked in Scotland, for the quality and breadth of its research, known as research power, by Times Higher Education.
The 2021 Research Excellence Framework placed us 5th in the UK for our research quality, and we are ranked in the world top 25.
Information for our current undergraduate and taught postgraduate students, including new students.
Fostering an inclusive culture where individual strengths and differences are valued and celebrated.
Our 130 active research groups and world-leading analytical facilities can support your R&D aims.
Find out more about what it is like to study here.
There are lots of ways in which we engage with communities locally and nationally to discuss our science.
Explore our research and teaching expertise, and find key contacts.
Stay in contact with the School and keep up to date with our latest developments.