Continue your research and enrich your mind with alumni access to an archive of online journals including JSTOR.
Get remote access to many library e-resources using Your University Login. We are striving to increase e-resource access so check back regularly to see if there are new additions.
Please note: DiscoverEd e-resource access is currently only available to current staff and students of the University. Your access to this will stop once you graduate.
JSTOR online journals
JSTOR is a rich archive of scholarly journals, covering a wide range of disciplines.
The University of Edinburgh has licence agreements for selected archival content and has made this available to alumni.
How to access
You can access the online journals through the MyEd Alumni Portal using Your University Login.
If you studied at the University after 2003 then you will be familiar with MyEd. You can use your student username and password to log in.
If you did not use MyEd as a student then you will need to set up a new account and receive Your University Login.
- I cannot see JSTOR in my MyEd homepage
- You may have to manually add the JSTOR tab to your MyEd page. To do this, please choose 'Customise', which is near the top left corner of your page. Once the 'Add Stuff' option expands, you should then be able to drag and drop the Alumni - JSTOR section onto your MyEd page.
- Alumni can access to almost 1,800 titles in the archival collections
- Once you are logged in it is possible to access the full text of articles from the relevant journals.
- You can search by journal title, by subject, or search for a particular article
- Your results will include material that is not covered by the agreement, but it is quite straightforward to identify the articles or journals that are available to alumni of the University.