The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies provides a number of postgraduate training positions
Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (Residency)
The Professional Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine will provide an opportunity for qualified veterinary surgeons to undertake a period of advanced clinical training in a chosen specialty under the guidance and supervision of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and European/ American veterinary specialists.
We currently run residency programmes in the following:
- Equine Orthopaedics
- Equine Medicine
- Equine Soft Tissue Surgery
- Equine Dentistry
- Farm Animal Health and Production
- Veterinary Anatomic Pathology
- Veterinary Clinical Pathology
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Exotic Animal/Wildlife Medicine
- Small Animal Internal Medicine
- Small Animal Surgery
- Veterinary Anaesthesia
More specific details about each residency programme are available when we advertise the vacancies.
Successful candidates will:
- be a member of The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS)
- be required to provide specified documentary evidence of good written and spoken English skills if English is not their first language
- be at least two years qualified
- have completed a rotating internship or have equivalent experience
Tuition fees are paid by the School at the University's current UK/EU rate.
Terms and Conditions of Admissions
Please see the University's terms and conditions of admissions.