Teaching and learning in 2021-22
We currently plan to deliver a mix of in-person and digital teaching for the academic year starting in September 2021.
We’re monitoring government guidance on Covid-19 prevention measures and we’ll adjust our 2021-22 plans in response to any relevant changes.
We expect some physical distancing measures are very likely to still apply when the academic year starts in September 2021.
Our current planning for the new academic year
Our teaching model for next year will depend on the Covid-19 restrictions in place at the time but we are planning on the basis that all students will be back with us in Edinburgh.
We can’t predict exactly how life will look in September but we can share some of the assumptions we’re basing our current planning on.
Based on the information available to us just now we expect that:
- you will be with us in Edinburgh
- most degrees will run a mix of digital and in-person teaching, though the exact balance will depend on your School’s arrangements
- large group teaching is the most likely type to be delivered digitally because these class sizes are likely to be the most significantly affected by Covid-19 restrictions
- smaller group teaching, such as seminars, tutorials, workshops and lab work, is most likely to be delivered in-person and on campus
- digital teaching will often be delivered in real-time as well as recordings being available, though again this will depend on your School’s arrangements
Q&A with our Principal and senior staff
Our plans for teaching next year was one of the themes covered in a Question and Answer event with our Principal and senior university staff held on 4 March.
Please see the relevant school website for futher information on programme delivery in 2021-2022.
How we adjusted to Covid-19 restrictions introduced in January
While we don't yet know exactly what September 2021 will look like, you can read about how we've adjusted teaching, assessment and support services for current students in response to Covid-19 guidance issued by Scottish Government in January.
Chat to our students
You can also speak to our current students about their experience through our Unibuddy service.
Still got questions?
Please do contact us if you have any further queries.