Research Fellow in Epidemiology
Mairead Bermingham works on the genetic epidemiology of type 1 diabetes within the Scottish Diabetic Research Network Type 1 Diabetes Bioresource (SDRNT1BIO).
Her research expertise and interests include: dental and oral health, type 1 diabetes, obesity, mental health, epidemiology, quantitative genetics, human health across the life course, and translational and personal medicine.
PhD. The multifactorial aetiology of amoebic gill disease in Ireland, National University of Ireland, Cork.
MSc. Quantitative Genetics and Genome Analysis, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
P.G.Cert. Academic Practice, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Use of computational tools in genetic studies of human disease
- IGMM XD Challenge – Bridging Disciplines through Biology
- How to Create a 2D White Board Animation to Illustrate Your Research
- ‘Mighty Mitochondria – Powerhouses of the Cell’ activity
- ‘Connecting codes to cures’ activity
- IGMM 'Science Insights' Work Experience Programme
- Catalyst Editorial workshop: Research integrity
- Next generation seminar: Analytics
- Celebrating your contribution to Scottish Cohort Studies
- Launch of short film: Diabetes and stem cells
A pilot study on the genetic epidemiology of oral health disorders with in the Generation Scotland cohort
Glycosylation of immunoglobulin G is regulated by a large network of genes pleiotropic with inflammatory diseases
An epigenome-wide association study of sex-specific chronological ageing
A meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies of epigenetic age acceleration
Identification of novel differentially methylated sites with potential as clinical predictors of impaired respiratory function and COPD
DNA methylation signatures of impaired respiratory function aids prediction of major depressive disorder in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Leveraging DNA methylation signatures in peripheral blood as predictors of impaired respiratory function and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Epigenetic signatures of starting and stopping smoking
Epigenetic prediction of complex traits and death
N-glycan Profile and Kidney Disease in Type 1 Diabetes
Fine-mapping host genetic variation underlying outcomes to Mycobacterium bovis infection in dairy cows