Head of Web Strategy & Technologies
Colan is the Head of Web Strategy & Technologies, leading the development of a new strategy and vision for the University. He will also be reviewing the governance and management of the web estate.
Colan has extensive experience in technology and media strategy and in his previous role with the Scottish Government's Digital Transformation Service he worked across the health and justice sectors. Prior to this he was Head of Digital Media with the National Trust for Scotland, responsible for their extensive digital portfolio.
Ranked in Scotland's 'Tech 100' as one of the key figures driving the nation's digital agenda, he also sits on the Board of Culture Republic, Scotland's audience intelligence agency for the arts.
Responsibilities & affiliations
Develop and champion a strategy, vision and roadmap for how the University use web technologies to:
- enhance students' digital experience
- disseminate our best research
- engage with our diverse audiences
Develop and emplace a digital governance model to:
- enable effective decision making in the management of web assets
- support the delivery of the corporate & web strategy
- establish common design and technology standards, processes and performance metrics which can be applied across the estate