Room S40, Psychology Building
- 7 George Square, Edinburgh
- Post code
- EH8 9JZ
I am British-born Chinese, my hometown is Colchester in Essex and I also grew up in Lancashire and the North East of England. After a first degree and DPhil from the University of Oxford I lived and worked briefly in London and Reading, before moving to Edinburgh to lecture in Psychology.
- Psychology 4: Final Year Dissertation supervision on any aspect of marginal experience and identity.
- Psychology 4: Option course on Psychology of Counselling.
- Psychology 4: Final Year Tutorials
- Psychology 3: Mini-dissertation supervision e.g. British men's experiences of living alone in later life
- MSc in Psychological Research: Programme Director
- MSc Dissertation supervision in the method of Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA)
- MSc Psychology of Mental Health (Conversion): Course organiser for Social Psychology and Mental Health
Open to PhD supervision enquiries?
Areas of interest for supervision
I offer supervision in phenomenological (experience-near) interviewing methods and analysis. I welcome enquiries on any aspect of the psychology of difference.
Current PhD students supervised
Book Series Co-editor: Language, Discourse and Mental Health (University of Exeter Press)
Past project grants
Lee, B., Widdicombe, S., Bondi, L. & Prior, S. Development of Listening Skills. Development Trust Research Fund. 2007-2008. £3,400
Lee, B. Exploring the psychology of perception and impression formation in Japanese and British cultures. Daiwa Foundation Small Project Grant. 2002-2003. £1,500.
Lee, B. Imagery and visual memory. Nuffield Award to Newly Appointed Science Lecturers. 1997-1999. £3,500