Chancellor's Awards nominations
Nominations criteria, process, nomination form and deadlines for the Chancellor's Awards
There are four categories:
- Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Contribution (revised category for 2021)
- Chancellor’s Award for Research
- Chancellor’s Award for Teaching
- Rising Star Award
Nomination guidelines and criteria
- Please read the nomination criteria and guidance before completing the nomination form.
- This guidance document is also downloadable from the link below (requires a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader):
Additional points to note
Any current member of the University community may nominate for any of the awards. Previous nominations may be resubmitted.
Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Successful nominees must make themselves available for the Chancellor’s Award dinner, where the awards will be publically announced. The dinner usually takes place in the autumn and may be subject to alternative arrangements this year.
- There will be internal and external communication of the awards, which may involve Award winners in public speaking engagements, lectures, seminars and other similar events.
Nominators will be informed in October whether or not their nomination has been successful.
The University of Edinburgh reserves the right to withdraw the award at any point.
The nomination form is downloadable from the link below (Word doc):
Submission and deadlines
Please email your nomination form, and nominee's C.V. where appropriate, to your Head of School or Department Lead.
- Nominations to be received by your Head of School/Departmental Lead by Friday 24 September 2020
- Ranked nomination from Heads of School to Heads of College/ Professional Services Group must be received by Friday 1 October 2021.
- Final ranked nominations to be received by Nicola Helliwell by Friday 8 October 2021
Please note: The nominee has the right to request this nomination form under data protection rules. Non- identifiable sections of this form could also be released to the public in response to a freedom of information request. Further guidance available at: https://www.ed.ac.uk/records-management/guidance