Chancellor's Awards nominations
Nominations criteria, process, nomination form and deadlines for The Chancellor's Awards
There are four categories:
- Chancellor’s Award for Impact
- Chancellor’s Award for Research
- Chancellor’s Award for Teaching
- Rising Star Award
Nomination guidelines and criteria
- Please read the nomination criteria and guidelines before completing the nomination form. This guidance document is also downloadable from the link below (requires a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader):
Any current member of the University community may nominate for any of the awards. Previous nominations may be resubmitted.
Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nominees should have the ability and a willingness to promote their work to both academic and non-academic audiences.
- Successful nominees must make themselves available for the Chancellor’s Award dinner, where the awards will be publically announced. The dinner usually takes place in the autumn and may be subject to alternative arrangements this year.
Nominators will be informed in October whether or not their nomination has been successful.
The nomination form is downloadable from the link below (Word doc):
Submission and deadlines
Please email your nomination form and nominee's C.V. to your Head of School.
- Nominations to be received by Heads of School by Friday 25 September 2020.
- Ranked nomination from Heads of School to Heads of College to be received by Friday 2 October 2020.
- Final College-ranked nominations to be received by Nicola Helliwell by Friday 9 October 2020.
Please note: The nominee has the right to request this nomination form under data protection rules. Non- identifiable sections of this form could also be released to the public in response to a freedom of information request. Further guidance available at: http://www.ed.ac.uk/records-management