Chancellor's Awards nominations
Nominations criteria, process, nomination form and deadlines for the Chancellor's Awards
There are four categories:
- Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Contribution
- Chancellor’s Award for Research
- Chancellor’s Award for Teaching
- Rising Star Award
Nomination guidelines and criteria
- Please read the nomination criteria and guidance before completing the nomination form.
Additional points to note
Any current member of the University community may nominate for any of the awards. Previous nominations may be resubmitted.
Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Successful nominees must make themselves available for the Chancellor’s Award dinner, where the awards will be publically announced. The dinner usually takes place in the autumn but may be subject to alternative arrangements. Successful nominees will be contacted in October or once the ceremony date has been confirmed.
- There will be internal and external communication of the awards, which may involve Award winners in public speaking engagements.
The University of Edinburgh reserves the right to withdraw the award at any point.
The nomination form is downloadable from the link below (Word doc):
Submission and deadlines
Please email your nomination form, and nominee's C.V. where appropriate, to your Head of School or Department Lead.
- Nominations to be received by Head of School/Departmental Lead by Friday 19 May 2023.
- Ranked nomination from Heads of School to Heads of College/Professional Services Group to be received by Friday 26 May 2023.
- Final ranked nominations from Heads of College/Professional Services Group to be received by Nicola Helliwell by Friday 2 June 2023 by email to Nicola.Helliwell@ed.ac.uk - please use “Chancellor’s Awards 2023” in the subject header.
Please note: The nominee has the right to request this nomination form under data protection rules. Non- identifiable sections of this form could also be released to the public in response to a freedom of information request. Further guidance available at: https://www.ed.ac.uk/records-management/guidance