Welcome to the Centre for Open Learning's Student Support pages.
While you are studying at the Centre for Open Learning (COL), you will have access to a range of support to help you get the most out of your studies.
The support that you can access depends upon what you are studying at COL. This is because the support that you might need will vary according to the type of course or programme that you are taking and the duration of your studies.
We will make sure that you receive help from appropriate staff who are experienced and trained to advise on the issues with which you might need support.
Student Advice and Support Information
- Our Student Advisers can help you arrange learning adjustments and can advise you on finance, health and accommodation matters.
- Academic staff can assist you with issues relating directly to your studies, such as understanding your course work or assessment feedback.
- Sometimes you might be unsure who you should contact to discuss something that is affecting your studies. Our Student Advisers and academic staff work closely together to make sure that you receive appropriate and timely support regarding any matter that is affecting you.
- You can approach any of your teachers or Student Advisers about any issue and they will make sure that you are directed to the most appropriate member of staff or source of advice.
- Whatever you are studying with us, we expect you to take responsibility for your studies. This means that you will reflect on your academic performance and that you will seek support and assistance with matters that are affecting you.
- We understand that life as a student can sometimes be challenging, and we are here to help you - please tell us if there is something that you need help with or that you are worried about.
- To help you with a support matter, please be aware that we may need to share information with other staff within COL or in the University. Any information that you disclose to us will be treated with discretion.