Centre for Open Learning

In-Sessional English Programme

This section includes student support information relevant to the In-Sessional English Programme.

Student Advisers and Wellbeing Adviser 

Our Student Advisers can offer you information, advice and guidance on matters such as:

  • signposting to appropriate University services or teams
  • ongoing physical or mental health conditions.
  • learning support issues – e.g. dyslexia, ADHD, Autism
  • any other support needs
  • caring responsibilities
  • money concerns
  • accommodation problems
  • assistance with extension/special circumstances applications
  • discussions about Authorised Interruption of Studies/withdrawal
  • any other matters which may affect your studies

They can also signpost you to appropriate sources of support within and beyond the University, such as the University’s Counselling Service, the University’s Disability and Learning Support Service, Edinburgh University Student Association, the Institute for Academic Development and English Language Education support.

Students Advisers are not counsellors, but they can refer you to sources of counselling support.

If you think you might need support with a learning difference or a disability, please do contact the Student Advisers as early as possible so that they can advise you on the best sources of support. They will talk to your class teacher or programme director about any adjustments you might need for your studies to help fulfil your potential.

Our Student Advisers are Moya Kilgallon and Tatiana Chepelina. You can contact them at COL.StudentSupport@ed.ac.uk to arrange an appointment to speak to them. They also offer drop-in office hours for student queries. 

Moya and Tatiana can also refer you to our Wellbeing Adviser, Kim Chapman. You may also contact the Wellbeing Service directly: 

Contact the Wellbeing Service

Academic Cohort Lead

Your primary Academic Cohort Lead will be based in your ‘home’ School. However, should you need guidance on any academic matters that are specific to your in-sessional course, then you may contact your course teacher or Course Collection Coordinator. Contact details for your Course Collection Coordinator are on your course Learn pages.