With their strong foundation in teaching and research, our students are employed worldwide in all areas of language education.
This MSc programme aims to:
- Develop well-rounded educators who can teach any or all of their language(s)
- Develop graduates who can take on additional roles in this field such as testing, teacher education and course design and evaluation
- Support students to develop creative ways to link theory to their own language education context
- Equip students to engage in research during the masters and beyond as a form of reflective practice.
Graduates of the MSc Language Education can:
- Show an understanding of both seminal and recent concepts and theories in the field of Language Education
- Critically review and engage with key principles underlying the field
- Plan and execute a significant piece of research of your choice relevant to the field of Language Education
Having received a wealth of fascinating knowledge during the MSc Language Teaching, my current job has been entirely transformed. The methods professors used in class were absolutely unprecedented in Asian classes. I now use them in my own teaching.
The University of Edinburgh's Careers Service supports all current students (and graduates for up to 2 years) to develop their potential and achieve satisfying and rewarding futures.
Join in and make use of:
- individual appointments
- group sessions
- wider campus-based activity
- online services and resources
We also deliver a diverse programme of face-to-face and online events throughout the academic year.