With a strong foundation in teaching and research, our students are employed worldwide in all areas of the language education profession.
The MSc Language Education aims to:
- Develop well-rounded language educators able to teach any or all of their language(s) as well as taking on additional roles in the field of language education such as testing, teacher education and course design and evaluation.
- Develop graduates able to take on additional roles in the field of Language Education such as testing, teacher education and course design and evaluation.
- Support students in developing original and creative ways to link theory to their own language education context.
- Equip students to engage in research during the masters and beyond as a form of reflective practice
Graduates of the MSc Language Education can:
- Show understanding of seminal as well as recent concepts and theories in the field of Language Education
- Critically review and engage with key principles underlying the field of Language Education
- Plan and execute a significant piece of research of your choice relevant to the field of Language Education
- Creatively apply theory to practice in a context-sensitive manner.
Having received a wealth of fascinating knowledge during the MSc Language Teaching, my current job has been entirely transformed. The methods professors used in class were absolutely unprecedented in Asian classes. I now use them in my own teaching.
The University of Edinburgh's Careers Service supports all current students (and graduates for up to 2 years) to develop their potential and achieve satisfying and rewarding futures. This is done through individual appointments, group sessions and wider campus-based activity, alongside online services and resources. A diverse programme of face-to-face and online events is delivered throughout the academic year.