Dedicated incubation centre and office space on the University campus to provide space and other services to startup and spinout companies.
EI can provide high-spec office accommodation to spinout and startup companies. Benefits include:
- Flexible low-cost accommodation that allows companies to progress to larger units over time
- Focused and progressive business development services, matching tenants’ requirements as they grow
- Access to networks of business service providers, experienced executives and investors
- High-quality data and telecoms provision at no extra charge
- Access to common facilities such as meeting rooms and kitchen areas, as well as facilitated access to specialist equipment and services within the University
Offices are available in:
Murchison House, King's Buildings
Located at King’s Buildings, two miles south of the city centre at the University of Edinburgh’s science and engineering campus, this space is in an ideal location for technology companies. Bright, modern offices of various sizes, all furnished to a high standard. Tenants have access to six meeting rooms, some with audio-visual equipment, as well as fully equipped kitchen and common areas. Current tenants include Mocean Energy, Carbogenics, Photon Force, Re-Optimise Systems, Quorate, Krotos, Speak Unique, OGI Bio, Particle Analytics and Innosea.
Virtual Office facilities are available in Murchison House at King's Buildings, which can provide your business with:
- a local business address
- mailing address
- lobby directory listing
- access to conference and meeting rooms, without the cost of permanent office space
Please note that this service does not include a Registered Office address service.
Access to University facilities
In addition to office space, some businesses require access to specialist resources, such as wet labs or other specific pieces of equipment.
We can facilitate access to a wealth of specialist equipment, facilities and services within the University’s Schools for an appropriate charge.
For enquiries regarding office space, virtual office or access to University facilities contact Iwona Barkby.