Research and Innovation
The Centre aims to strengthen research networks between Edinburgh and Latin America within a range of disciplines and subject areas.
Building on the University of Edinburgh’s long-standing mission and success in collaborating and supporting the public and private sectors, the Centre promotes the inception and development of new outlets for knowledge, including knowledge exchange and knowledge transfer activities.
Recent collaborations between our academic staff and the private sector include urban development and architectural design, energy, and business consultancy and market analysis.
The CCLAS Research and Innovation Coordinator is Dr Soledad García Ferrari.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Social studies (indigenous political movements, social policies, climate change, food systems, film studies)
- Development ('neoliberalism, social movements, NGOs, governance, environmentalism, disasters, ICTs')
- Politics (international politics between Latin American countries and the US and the EU)
- Financial Systems (Brazil, Colombia and others)
- Business (market analysis, carbon market design, investment, energy recovery, ecosystems)
- Architecture (urbanisation and urban development, architectural design, in Brasil, Colombia, Uruguay and other countries)
- Cultural studies (media, literature, history, film)
- Environment and Ecology
Our research clusters are: