Medical physicists work under the Edinburgh Imaging umbrella to provide expertise across a wide range of imaging modalities.
Roles & activities include:
- Research into development & validation of advanced imaging techniques
- Application of imaging techniques in health & disease
- Academic input & technical support for clinical & preclinical studies
- Scientific expertise to support the operation of our scanning facilities, including quality assurance monitoring
- State-regulated Medical Physics Experts (MPE) & clinical scientists contributing to radiation protection, MR safety & other areas of facility management & policy
- Translating research techniques into the clinical domain
We use & develop a variety of advanced imaging techniques to study common medical problems & physiology.
Our quality assurance programmes ensure that our imaging hardware is properly maintained & provides consistently high quality results.
Medical physics team members
View our medical physicists who work at our Edinburgh Imaging facilities.
- Please link to the short url for the Medical Physics webpage: