Why recruit from us
We are confident that our students and graduates can make a positive impact on your organisation. Let us show you why we think you will find it worthwhile to target us for recruitment.
Let us show you how we are rated, and why we think you will find it worthwhile to target our University for recruitment.
- 30th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 - 6th in the UK, 1st in Scotland
- 16th in the QS World University Rankings® 2022 – 5th in the UK, 1st in Scotland.
- 25th in the QS World University Rankings® 2022 in the Employer Reputation ranking (a rating from employers around the world on the institutions providing the best graduates)
- 7th in the UK for our ability to produce work-ready graduates according to the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2019
- 13th most targeted UK University for Graduate Employment according to The Graduate Market in 2017-18, by High Fliers Research
We are the biggest university in Scotland with an international reputation for excellence across all disciplines reflected in the diversity of our student population.
We are part of the Russell Group, a group of 24 leading UK universities committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience and unrivalled links with business and the public sector
We are home to many world-class research achievements in the fields of genetics, education and computer science, among others. We lead universities in Scotland in research, and have been recognised for international-standard research. Edinburgh consistently receives 5 and 5-star ratings in internationally recognised Research Assessment Exercises.
We offer around 500 different undergraduate programmes and a wide variety of taught and research based postgraduate qualifications – offering you a fantastically wide pool of potential employees.
We actively support and provide recognition for students who get involved in co- and extra-curricular activities to build up their skills and experience and enhance their employability. Our students repeatedly show strong employment prospects after graduation so you can be confident in the quality of the candidate pool you would reach.
We regularly receive positive feedback from employers about the impact our students and graduates make to their organisation.
The Careers Service can support you in hiring our students through our supported internships programmes