How to Apply – PhD Applicants Seeking Funding
Guidance on how to apply for advertised PhD projects - applicants seeking funding
1. Select your project(s) from our list of PhD Projects - you can apply for a maximum of three projects.
2. Click 'how to apply' on the advertised PhD project to complete our eligibility checklist* - for each project if applying for more than one.
3. You will then have the option to apply through the University’s online application system – EUCLID. You can apply for up to three projects on one EUCLID application.
4. Applying for funding is a separate process - a list of suggested funding schemes is provided during the eligibility checklist. You can also view the full list of funding schemes.
*What is an Eligibility Checklist?
- Our eligibility checklist is a short series of steps that allows you to check if you meet the criteria to apply for the PhD project you are interested in.
- It will also suggest funding schemes that you may be able to apply for based on your answers.
- Your answers are not recorded and completing an eligibility checklist does not commit you to making a PhD application via EUCLID.
We will contact you if we need any further information to be able to consider your application. Please regularly log in to your EUCLID account to check for any messages from us. If you are shortlisted for a PhD place, we will invite you for interview in person or for a skype/telephone interview if you cannot attend in person.
Our initial set of interviews will be in February/March.
We do keep applications on hold while we allocate all our different funding, and so it is possible that you will not have a firm decision from us until May.