Mental Health Awareness Course
To raise awareness of mental health and mental health issues and illnesses, we are launching a Mental Health Awareness online course available to all staff.
We all have mental health. Discussions on mental health tend to focus on those experiencing mental illness who need care or support. Universities have a duty towards those staff as well as a responsibility to identify those at risk and intervene early. But we also have the opportunity to promote good mental health, improving the lives and outcomes of all of our staff.
This course will support your approach to mental health by:
- Providing an overview of mental ill health and the signs to look out for.
- Providing tools to improve wellbeing.
- Encouraging you to talk about mental health.
- Explaining how you can offer support to your colleagues.
- Signposting you to University of Edinburgh mental health and wellbeing support and UK mental health services.
How to access the Mental Health Awareness course:
Please note this online course is hosted on the University Learn platform. Instructions how to enrol here:
Self-Enrol by logging into Learn and log in with EASE at www.learn.ed.ac.uk
- Click on the “Self-Enrol” tab at the top right of your screen.
- Click the Browse Course Catalogue button and a search window will appear.
- Enter the name of the course "Mental Health Awareness" in the search box and click Go
- Hover your mouse pointer to the right of the Course ID, click the arrow and select Enrol.
- You will then be taken to a new page. To complete your enrolment on this course select Submit.
- You will then see a confirmation message to say your enrolment was successful.
- Click OK and you will be taken to the course.
The course will now appear in your My Courses under the 'My Learn' tab every time you login to Learn.
Training can be carried out on these modules at your own pace. If you don’t want to complete the course in one session, click on 'Bookmark' before exiting and the module will automatically take you back to where you left off when you next log in.
If you experience any problems with the e-learning training modules, please email mailto:email@example.com