Mental Health Awareness Course
To raise awareness of mental health and mental health issues and illnesses, we are launching a Mental Health Awareness online course available to all staff.
We all have mental health. Discussions on mental health tend to focus on those experiencing mental illness who need care or support. Universities have a duty towards those staff as well as a responsibility to identify those at risk and intervene early. But we also have the opportunity to promote good mental health, improving the lives and outcomes of all of our staff.
This course will support your approach to mental health by:
- Providing an overview of mental ill health and the signs to look out for.
- Providing tools to improve wellbeing.
- Encouraging you to talk about mental health.
- Explaining how you can offer support to your colleagues.
- Signposting you to University of Edinburgh mental health and wellbeing support and UK mental health services.
How to access the Mental Health Awareness course: