New online training to support mental health awareness now available
A new online course to support awareness and understanding of mental health issues and illnesses is now available for all staff.
We all have mental health. Discussions on mental health tend to focus on those experiencing mental illness who need care or support, and Universities have a duty towards those staff, as well as a responsibility to identify those at risk and intervene early. But we also have the opportunity to promote good mental health, improving the lives and outcomes of all of our staff.
This new course has been developed to raise awareness and understanding of mental health issues and illnesses inside and outside of work. The course, available through the Learn platform, will support your approach to mental health by:
- Providing an overview of mental ill health and the signs to look out for.
- Providing tools to improve wellbeing.
- Encouraging you to talk about mental health.
- Explaining how you can offer support to your colleagues.
- Signposting you to University of Edinburgh mental health and wellbeing support and UK mental health services.
You can access the course via Learn, and instructions on how to do this can be found below.
This course complements the existing Charlie Waller Memorial Trust online learning available to staff offering first line of support to students who may be experiencing mental ill-health.
The University is committed to supporting your mental health and wellbeing at work and we will do everything we can to support you through these unprecedented times.