Disabled Staff Network formed
The University has established a Disabled Staff Network.
The network aims to provide support and a collective voice for staff who wish to progress issues relating to disability.
It is open to disabled staff and carers, and any colleagues with an interest in disability issues.
The Disabled Staff Network aims to:
- provide a mechanism and environment for confidential discussion and networking;
- share knowledge, information and best practice on disability issues related to operational, research and academic work;
- provide a forum in which the University can examine equality of treatment of disabled staff and help inform the promotion of an inclusive and supportive culture;
- work with Equality and Diversity colleagues to develop disabled staff policy;
- raise the profile of disabled staff internally and externally.
Join the network
Organisers are keen to attract both men and women, and underrepresented groups within the University community, for example colleagues with non-visible impairments.
Staff interested in joining should contact meeting chair Jacquie Nicholson, who was instrumental in forming the network and is based in the Student Disability Service.
All responses will be treated in confidence.
The network’s next meeting is scheduled for 22 October.
Disabled Staff Network Meeting
12pm–1pm: disabled staff and carers;1pm–2pm: any interested staff.
Wednesday 22 October 2014, 12.00pm
Friday 22 August 2014, 2.00pm
SCI Hodgson Room, Weir Building, King's Buildings
Disabled Staff Network