We are here to support you throughout your studies.
Every postgraduate student is allocated a Personal Tutor (PT), who is a member of academic staff. For postgraduate taught students your personal tutor is your Programme Director.
Your Personal Tutor can offer academic guidance and support including:
- Review your academic progress
- Provide guidance on the selection of option courses and where appropriate enrol you on courses
- Provide opportunities to reflect on how learning can help you pursue your future development
- Foster in you a sense of belonging to a community of learners
- Address any concerns or problems that might affect your studies
You will meet with your Personal Tutor regularly, including one mandatory meeting per semester.
Any additional ad hoc meetings should be set up via e-mail or by visiting your personal tutor during their office hours.
For postgraduate research students your personal tutor is your supervisor. Your Programme Director and the Graduate School Deputy Director are also available to provide additional pastoral support.
The Graduate School office team
The Graduate School office is the primary point of contact for all administrative matters.
If your Personal Tutor is unavailable for any reason then please contact the Graduate School office who will either be able to advise you or will put you in touch with another relevant member of staff/department as appropriate.