Natural History Collections
The Natural History Collections have been home to a rich collection of specimens and objects for over 300 years, representing the entire invertebrate phyla and vertebrate classes.
Although most of the current exhibits are from the 1920s, the University has been amassing zoological specimens since 1692, when the first exhibits were displayed in Old College.
The specimens are displayed within a taxonomic framework to illustrate the diversity of the animal kingdom.
The highlight of the collections is the Aubrey Manning Gallery, named in honour of the Professor of Natural History from 1973 - 1997.
The exhibits are open to visitors throughout the year only by arrangement with the curators, Mark Blaxter or Graham Stone.
The Natural History Collections are housed in the University's Ashworth Laboratories at King's Buildings.
Please contact the Museum directly with any accessibility enquiries.
- (Aubrey Manning Gallery)
Charlotte Auerbach Road