Sign up for the latest news, events and jobs from the Department for Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
Sign up for the newsletter
- December 2019: Switch off and embrace sustainability this winter
- November 2019: Join the fight against food waste! (staff / students)
- October 2019: It's Climate Week in Scotland!
- September 2019: Take 30 mins to learn about the climate crisis on 20th September
- August 2019: Become a Sustainability Champion (Staff only)
- July 2019: make sustainability part of your summer! (Staff only)
- June 2019: today is World Environment Day
- May 2019: There's a climate emergency
- April 2019: Celebrate sustainability with us!
- March 2019: Let's make the planet a better place this March!
- February 2019: Take action this February! (staff / students)
- January 2019: Make 2019 your most sustainable year yet!
- December 2018: T'was the night of the shutdown...
- November 2018: Wellbeing, the IPCC report and more
- October 2018: It's Climate Week 2018 in Scotland!
- September 2018: Events for your diary this semester!
- August 2018: Hear why Peter cares about sustainability
- July 2018: Our department moves to The Boilerhouse; plus how to save energy in your office or lab
- June 2018: Join us for the Big Summer Chillout!
- May 2018: Make the most of May by adding sustainability to your skillset
- April 2018: It's the Science Festival!
- March 2018: Stand up for workers' rights with Fairtrade Fortnight!
- February 2018: two big announcements
- January and February 2018: Join us in congratulating all of the recipients of the 2017 Office and Lab Sustainability Awards!
- December 2017: It's nearly time for the Winter Shutdown
- November 2017: Edinburgh Local launch and £60 million invested for the climate
- October 2017: We're investing £1million for social good!
- September 2017: September newsletter packed full of events!
- August 2017: Sustainability at the Fringe, travel internships and more!
- July 2017: Scotland's Climate Change Bill, internships and more
- June 2017: Trump events, new internship, MSPs visit FloWave and more!
- May 2017: Renewable energy at the University of Edinburgh - have your say!
- April 2017: Science Festival, Sustainability awards & more!
- March 2017: News, events and jobs from the Department for Social Responsibility & Sustainability
- February 2017: EcoWeek, Fairtrade Fortnight and more!
- January 2017: We're recruiting! Plus Sustainability Award winners announced
- December 2016: Launch of the University's climate strategy, "Zero by 2040"
- November 2016: Be Bright, Be Seen
- October 2016: Celebrate Black History Month
- September 2016: The Our Changing World lecture series is back!
- August 2016: We're hiring!
- July 2016: How will Brexit affect environmental policy?
- June 2016: Sustainable Campus Fund, National Bike Week and donate your old stuff to Shrub
- May 2016: Celebrating staff and student sustainable projects, climate change research and cycling commuters
- April 2016: The Sustainability Awards, sustainability workshop and sustainable investments
- March 2016: Edinburgh is first University in UK to adopt conflict minerals policy
- February 2016: Launch of the Sustainability Awards and David Somervell steps back
- January 2016: Apply for the Special Awards and be part of Fairtrade Fortnight
- December 2015: The end of COP21 and Winter shut down reminder
- November 2015: Swot up on COP21 with our series of videos and blogs
- October 2015: Launch of the Edinburgh Action for the Climate campaign, the Special Awards, COP21 events
- September 2015: Freshers' Food Festival, internships and the SRS Student Forum
- August 2015: Pole to Paris, research opportunities and Pick of the Fringe
- July 2015: Fossil fuels divestment, department vacancy, NUS Responsible Futures accreditation
- June 2015: Circular Economy report published, UoE catering wins sustainability awards
- May 2015: UoE announces change in fossil fuels investment policy