Undergraduate study - 2021 entry

Apply through UCAS

You must apply online through UCAS, the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service.

Your school or college will normally be able to guide you through your application.

If you are applying independently, UCAS can advise on the application process.

Your choices

Photo of students in Greyfriars Kirkyard

You can apply for up to five different degrees at any university.

If you apply for medicine or veterinary medicine, you can use up to four choices for these subjects. You should use your fifth choice for an alternative, back-up subject. This will not prejudice your application in terms of demonstrating commitment to study medicine or veterinary medicine.

If you apply to more than one university, we will not be able to see which other universities you have applied to until they have made their decisions. This means that we make our decision on your application without knowledge of your other choices.

All applications for full-time study must be made online through UCAS.


Applying for more than one degree

If you want to apply for more than one degree at Edinburgh you should seek advice on your choices from the relevant college admissions office.

In some cases we may advise that it would be more advantageous to use only one of your choices, if, for example, more than one degree you are considering applying for is within the same subject area.

Even if you meet the relevant entry requirements for all of the degrees you have applied for, some of our colleges may only be prepared to make you one offer, especially if you use two or more of your choices to apply for degrees where there is considerable competition. In other cases, a college may decide it is possible to make you up to two offers, but this depends on the degrees you have applied for. 

Admissions offices

Changing degrees

If you change your mind about the degree you have applied for at any point in the admissions process you should contact the appropriate college admissions office at the earliest opportunity to discuss your options.

Admissions offices

Applying for part-time study

If you are applying to study part time, you should apply directly to the University.

Applying for part-time study

Age on entry

There is no minimum or maximum age on entry for our programmes, except where a professional body requires this.

Contacting UCAS


Contact details



New Barn Lane

Post Code
GL52 3LZ


  • UCAS accepts telephone enquiries Monday–Friday, 8:30am–6:00pm (UK time):
    • From within UK: 0371 468 0 468
    • From outside UK: +44 330 3330 230

    If you have hearing difficulties, call the UCAS Text Relay Service:
    • From within UK: 18001 0371 468 0 468
    • From outside UK: +44 151 494 1260 (text phone) then ask the operator to dial 0371 468 0 468