Refurbished in summer 2022, our Performance Gym offers a state-of-the-art and private training space for our elite student athletes. The Performance Gym is also used by national and international athletes and teams.
- Video: Performance Gym
- An overview of the Performance Gym facilities at Pleasance Sports Complex. A space for elite athletes to train with state-of-the-art equipment from Eleiko, a private physio suite and more.
A performance space for performance athletes
The performance gym operates a timetabled programme of sessions, for performance athletes, supervised by our dedicated strength and conditioning coaches. A new dedicated performance physio space has also been created within the gym alongside new athlete screening and performance testing equipment including a Vald Force Frame, Force Plate, and Nord Board.
The gym features an array of strength and conditioning equipment:
- Six Eleiko Prestera Full Racks
- An Eleiko Prestro Half Rack and a Prestro Double Rack
- Integrated lifting platforms
- A free standing Eleiko XF Rig and accessories
- 2 Eleiko Bench Pulls
- 3 full sets of Eleiko Evo Dumbbells
- Slam Wall
- WATT Bikes
- Plus much more
Inspiring the next generation of student athletes
The gym design features inspiring sporting icons with a connection to the University of Edinburgh. Those featured, who were chosen in consultation with the student athletes who will use the space, include University of Edinburgh Sports Hall of Fame inductees, Sir Chris Hoy, Dr Polly Swann, and Sarah Robertson as well as other iconic figures from the past, present and future of sport at Edinburgh.
The Performance Gym is accessible via a lift.
The Performance Gym is available for private bookings, please contact email@example.com for more information
- Performance Sport