Gym challenge terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions before entering the gym challenge prize draw.
Calling all Sport & Exercise members
From Monday 6 to Monday 13 December 2021, we will be running our next Sport & Exercise gym challenge. We are asking gym-goers at the Pleasance and Easter Bush to share their distances to help us achieve a total of 40,075km - the distance around the world, in 7 days.
What does the challenge involve?
Members can share distances from their preferred activity (rowing, swimming, running, cycling, climbing, walking or lifting) to help us reach our combined goal of 40,075km! Members can scan the QR code to add their name, email and distance to an online MS form and enter the prize draw.
Terms and conditions for gym challenge prize draw
- The prize draw is open to the University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise members who take part in the challenge. Sport & Exercise staff and associate organisations staff (University of Edinburgh Sports Union, Scottish Student Sport, Personal Trainers and Cleaners) can take part in the challenge but will not be eligible for the prize draw.
- The challenge will take place from Monday 6 to Monday 13 December 2021. The prize draw will take place on Wednesday 15 December 2021.
- The prize winner will be announced on our social media channels and emailed directly.
- You can take part in the challenge multiple times, but you will only be entered into the draw once.
- Each person who wants to enter should add their full name, email and distance contributed to the online MS form using the QR code. There will be posters displayed in all of our gyms which will have the QR code printed on them. The winner will be chosen at random from the full list of participants.
- There will be a prize for Easter Bush Gym and the Pleasance. The prize will be a fitness goodie bag with Eleiko and PLAE merchandise.
- The Prize will be available to collect until 17 January 2022.
- University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of similar value should the need arise. The payment of all costs and expenses involved in claiming the prize is the responsibility of the winner. The prize is non-transferable, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- If the winners do not claim the prize by 17 January 2022, the winners forfeit any rights to any prize and an alternative winner may be selected. Any unclaimed prize may not be awarded.
- The winner will not be expected to participate in publicity, but the University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise will have the right to publicly disclose the name of the winner on the University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise social media channels.
- University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, corrupted, or incomplete or for any failure to capture entry information. The use of false details will result in disqualification.
- The University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the prize draw at any time (and for any reason) without notice.
- The University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment suffered or incurred as a result of entering the challenge or prize draw. The University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise also disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you, your personal computer, phone, tablet, or any other electronic appliance used to enter the challenge and prize draw, relating to or resulting from participation in or connection with the challenge.
- Entrants into the prize draw shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.